Friday, January 15, 2010

What do I do about my hairdresser who made some very racists comments?

Recently, my hairdresser made some very racist comments. He was informing me about a large brawl between to racial groups (Aboriginal-Canadians %26amp; African Canadians) outside a very popular nightclub during the past weekend. Anyhow, he said that a ';n*gger'; got ';sucker-punched by a bunch of our guys'; (my hairdresser and i are both half Aboriginal). He then went on to say that ';then the whole f*cking Zulu-nation showed up and those n*ggers started brawling with the Indians';.





I was shocked. As an aboriginal woman, whose mother has ties with the UN, I have never been around such horrible speak. I just nervously laughed and said ';you know you can never talk that way about people, thats just horrible!'; But the subject was quickly dropped shortly thereafter.





So what do I say or do about him now? I feel compelled to keep seeing him to do my hair, he's done it for over 10 years, AND he's a distant cousin of mine. But I just don't know if I can go back to a potential hater...What do I do about my hairdresser who made some very racists comments?
Ask for an Afro the next time you go for a hairdo...What do I do about my hairdresser who made some very racists comments?
Get a new hairdresser

Report Abuse



I think you should avoid going back to this person. You should surround yourself with people who aren't hateful. You obviously have higher standards if this bothered you so much. You cannot change his beliefs and don't expect him to NOT say anything in the future. I would find another hairdresser!
I am also shocked. Racism is repulsive to you, but not repulsive enough to change your hairdresser. (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment