Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much do you tip your hairdresser at christmas time?

I don't think it really matters.


If you have persional relationship with her/him or if he/she has been doing your hair for a long time, you might want to give her/him a little gift. That's what I do instead of giving a bigger tip.


I normally give her a big tip so it make her more happy when I show up with a little gift.How much do you tip your hairdresser at christmas time?
I had a very good stylist for over 10 years. Every Christmas I'd give her an extra $20. Normally I'd tip $5 every time I saw her.





I can't go by percentages, because sometimes it was just a trim, sometimes color, sometimes all of that plus waxing. So the $20 is kind of an average of all the services she ever did.How much do you tip your hairdresser at christmas time?
the same as always...about 15%
$5.00 would'nt be bad
Please tell me that you tip your hairdresser ALL the time and are just asking if you should tip a bit more...





If you don't see the same hairdresser all the time, then I'd just tip the usual 15%.





If, as others have suggested, you see the same person every time, a small gift in addition to the regular tip would not be out of line. Think cookies, candy, or other inexpensive items...
I tip her $10-$12 every time and she charges a lot for her services. I'm there for every appt. every month. I feel that's enough for the year. It would actually be nice if I would get a free condition or something once a year for having been a loyal customer of hers for 6 years. I might add that she owns her own business and charges high prices to begin with. She is not on the lower-echelon like some new people that need lots of tips to survive. I'm not currently working and have tuition and books to buy, so I do what I can do and I think it's fair - she's always happy to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment