Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I want to become a hairdresser, but..?

I am a slow learner because of some minor medical conditions, one of them being the well-known 'ADHD'.





Anyway my question is, For a person like me, would it be better to do an apprenticeship? or go to hair school?





ThanksI want to become a hairdresser, but..?
I think your condition could work in your favor for this job, I have ADHA it keeps me two steps ahead of the game. I don't mind standing for long hours ,using my hands untill there sore,that's just a few things it takes to be a hairdresser.As for the learning problem this is alot of hands on learning ,I think you can do anything you set your mind on .I wish u the best never let a little thing like ADHD hold you back from reaching your goals.I want to become a hairdresser, but..?
I recommend a reputable school because a lot of motivation and education is important.........and also expensive.If you choose the apprenticeship route,only a salon with a person who has a barbers license, can get you barber certification and at the same time earn a wage and skill.I would only recommend the latter if the salon has a educational structure that is rigorous.If you have a natural gift with hair,ADHD is not an issue if this is a true passion of yours.The energy aspect of the condition is a positive.It takes a lot of dedication and perserverance to make it through training and everyone gets discouraged at times.If you possess these qualities and you are somewhat of a confident person with social skills,then this can be a very successful and extremely rewarding career for you.
School furst and the work with someone else for a whils. Your hands on will give you what you need for the future. Good luck
actually, to become a hairdresser you have to go to school. you have a certain amount of required course hours to complete before you can take the official state board of cosmetology test to get your license. and to cut/color/etc... hair in a salon, you need your license. you do your apprenticeship either while you're in school, or after you graduate.








hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment