Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you ever regret giving your hairdresser a tip??

Yes only on a couple of occasions when the hairdresser was a first timer cutting my hair and scalped me.Do you ever regret giving your hairdresser a tip??
Yes, I did once, but only once.





I was getting a haircut at a nicer ';Mall'; salon. It wasn't a great clips, but it wasn't Mario Tricoci or Avalon Day Spa.





So this girl is cutting my hair, she's probably 20, maybe. And a boy comes in to tell her something quick.





She got so excited, she stopped cutting my hair and left me sitting there for like 2 mins!!! While they were exchanging phone numbers or some (explitive) like that.





I was dumbfounded. I couldn't even speak, I was so awestruck by the stupidity of this person.





The manager came over and finished my haircut, but she was distraught and upset.





The actual haircut came out OK. But I still tipped. Granted it was only $3. I shouldn't have even paid for it. I should have made a scene.





But I realized that the girl didn't deserve another modicum of thought, and it was easier to walk out and never look back.





:)





Now I only go to high end salons. As a early 30's professional guy, it's nice to get quality service, and I'm willing to pay for it.Do you ever regret giving your hairdresser a tip??
YES!!!





I keep saying that I'll only give a partial tip the first day. Then, the next day when I try to see what it REALLY looks like, I'll decide if I should go back and give them the rest. LOL (I never do hold any back, though...I just tip generously and usually I'm happy with it)





I had a few cuts a few years ago that got me thinking that...then for the past few years, I've had a really good stylist...loved every one of my cuts.





Unfortunately, I just had a cut on Friday that made me think of that again (I moved). It's really not a good cut...I honestly have to go to someone else to have it fixed...
i have never in my life given my hairdresser a tip. half the time i think i pay too much for haircuts anyway.





i also dont inend to ever give my hairdresser a tip.





no one tips in australia anyway :)
I don't tip her. I am currently paying about 200.00 about every two to three months.
Once when I got a really bad haircut, twice actually. Once I get a bad haircut I never go back again.
Since you give the tip AFTER services are rendered, and you've had a chance to look at your hair before you leave ... no.
Yup! I have a tendency to over-tip and then when i get home realize I the girl did a crap job and didn't deserve anything more than 5 bucks!!!
why would you? jeez...thats like sayin...ever regret givin the waitress a tip...after you've been home 2 days...and ate 3 times over....
I don't understand; you pay them and still tip them


what's the purpose of the tip?
i only tip if my hair looks great when i leave the shop.
All of the time.
Whats so bad about giving them a tip? i dont understand this.
OH yea
Hell yeah!
My husband my hairdresser, I give him a kiss
no y
Not really - he's my borther!

No comments:

Post a Comment